Melbourne The Fashion Capital
High End To Hand Crafted
Melbourne is renowned for its shopping and there is a lot to choose from. Wanting to browse the latest collections from big global brands? Head over to Emporium Melbourne. The centre in the heart of the city features brands such as 7 For All Man Kind, Kate Spade, Lacoste, Michael Kors, Top Shop and Victoria’s Secret Beauty & Accessories. Bourke Street Mall is also home to overseas favourites like Zara and H&M and Melbourne Central features Sephora.
Then wind your way through the laneways and arcades to find niche boutiques. We asked our Chef Concierge James Ridenour about his top shopping picks in Melbourne:
- For men try Lord Coconut, this store offers up Melbourne-made gentlemen’s accessories with an arty edge.
- For the ladies try e.g etal which features handmade jewellery created by artists from Australia and New Zealand.
- Clementine’s on Degraves Street features all things Victorian with gifts and homemade foods from some of the area’s finest producers.
- For a bit of upmarket flash for the ladies, try the accessories at Christine notable for its hard to find high fashion offerings as well as its red plaid entrance.
- Ladies will also love Green with Envy featuring a number of designers all in one shop. The buyer here has an excellent eye for beautiful fashion.
- Finally, Zomp shoes is another favourite with one of the best selection of ladies shoes in town. For the gentlemen try Incu for fashion and accessories.